Love Unscripted (Love, #1)

Love Unscripted - Tina Reber I really did want to rate this higher, but as I sit to write it...I can't. Even though I got to the end and couldn't put it down until I finished it, the reason wasn't so much that the story had me riveted. It was more just wanting to know how it ended so I could put it behind me.Then I found out that after 600+ pages...it hadn't ended at all. Just paused. For the second story.Unfortunately, that's a story I won't be reading. If I have to hear Taryn go to pieces over pictures of him, or Ryan's irrational jealousy, I'd have to throw things. I think it wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't over and over and over and over again. Once okay, even two drawn out scenes about it. But when she goes mental, or he does, and they have the same conversation about it many many times, it gets oppressive and bogs the story down.I also wish the author had settled on one neurosis for Taryn - was she afraid of losing her self-sufficiency or was she afraid of being cheated on again. With two major conflicts in the relationship, neither one got the attention it deserved. She seemed to put the self-sufficiency on the back burner for long stretches and only pulling it out when she couldn't have another long-introspective moment about being cheated on.It was a cute story, but I'll be leaving Ryan and Taryn where they are.....and my decision to leave this series at one book was confirmed when I went to the author's website and read the first chapters of Love Unrehearsed. Not even two chapters in and Ryan continues to be an dirtbag about not going public with his relationship with Taryn even though apparently pix from the proposal in the pub hit the internet. Cannot take another 600 pages of that. Ugh. No thanks.