The Last Victim: A Novel - Karen Robards

Wavering between 3 and 4.

3 because it's got all the earmarks of a soap-opera style series, 4 because I was so pulled into the story that I was reading at my desk at work (I know - bad me, no biscuit) and then sat in a parking lot for half an hour after I left work to finish the book.

Then another good five minutes screaming that she ended it....THERE. With a seriously crappy cliffhanger.

It's been a while since I've read anything from this author, given my penchant for YA, paranormal and urban fantasy. Maybe she's always done it, maybe it's new, but the amount of description - whether it be a bedroom, a sex scene, or anything else - is almost too much. When an entire page on my Kindle is one long paragraph (and I use the second smallest font) my brain goes into automatic skim mode and I hear the entire cast of Monty Python and the Holy Grail yelling "get on with it!" in my head.

Jury's still out on whether or not I'll pick up the second. Might wait to see just how many there are in the series because...to be blunt, there's a reason I stopped watching soap operas. Mainly because the dance of "tune in this week for....absolutely no resolution whatsoever" is a huge pet peeve.